Saturday, August 8, 2009

Hit or Miss?

I love my coffee date dress, and I was inspired by Cam557's creation to use the ruffle on a tank top. So I grabbed some green jersey I'd bought but not used and cut the pieces out... then I remembered I'd used up all my dark green thread on the dress and the project was put on hold until I had more thread.

It's been sat in my UFO box for a while now, but I picked up again on this top Wednesday night of this week and made it in an evening and wore it to work... but I still can't decide if I like it or not.

(please excuse the terrible photos, although they were taken outside in today's beautiful sun!)

I think I have to be very careful of having a ruffle like that on a top, as it feels like I'm (unnecessarily) accentuating my bust... Also the ruffle feels too big, and is definitely completely off centre.


So yeah, I can't decide if this one is a success or a failure.

However, either way I have one less UFO in my box now. Which is good as I really want to finish some stuff off before starting on anything new.

2 comments:

  1. HIT - I bought a very similar top from REVIEW about 18 mths ago just like this - it was a sleevless/high neck top...um....halter stylish...and the pleats were IDENTICAL. It was a purple satin...but enough about my top! hahaha...I think it looks great, you just have to get use to the uneven pleats I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't think it's a failure, i think it looks cute. excellent summer wear!

    everything here in the states is currently covered in ruffles and has been for quite some time. it's almost ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...