Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Retreating

more suitcases
Image from here

Next weekend I'm going on a MMQG Retreat. I'm disproportionately excited about the whole thing, and as the date gets closer am getting more excited (if that's possible!) An entire 48 hours of sewing, eating and gossiping with some fabulous company - what is there NOT to be excited about?

I've started writing mental lists of what I need to pack (which will be converted into actual lists very soon I'm sure), and have been worrying about forgetting some vital thing that will mean that I can't do the sewing I want to do, so I will, as they say, be making my list and checking it twice.

I have no idea how much sewing I'll be able to get done while I'm gone, but I'm planning on taking plenty; something truely magical would have to happen for me to get through it all. The major thing I want to make headway on is the piecing of my genome quilt (in itself enough to last more than the weekend). I'll also take the star blocks for my "Oh Beehave" quilt, I'm sure having the other 8 ladies around would do wonders for helping work out layouts. And I think I'll also take along my hexies, just in case I want to do some hand sewing rather than just machine sewing.

SO excited!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. God. A sewing retreat? I wish we had things like that in Brisbane! Have fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've never heard of a craft retreat before...it sounds AMAZING! Have lots of fun and let us know all about it please ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sewing retreat sounds like bliss! Where did MMQG end up booking into?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...