Sunday, October 16, 2011

Liberty Quilt... Ideas?

Do you remember the Liberty Fabric that my Gran very generously gifted me when I was visiting her last year? Well it's been on my mind for the last year what I should make out of the fabric and I still don't know.


Now I've finished my big quilt project I'm in need of a new one, and I kind of think that the liberty could be that project, I just need to decide what patchwork design to use. I was initially thinking maybe some kind of coin quilt, but now I'm not so sure...



In the pictures of this post you can see what I have. I don't have to use all of it, and I can add to it if need be. Also, Bronwyn has put me onto a source of solid fabrics with a very similar feel to the liberty, so I was planning to get some solid to go with the prints (not sure what colour yet though, that might depend on the design I go for).

What would you do with it?

2 comments:

  1. I think it would look great as a hexagon quilt with all the lovely liberty florals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a look at a Postage Stamp star block at 12". I'm about to make 3 such quilts (20 blocks each) for grandchildren and will use my Liberty fabrics for the girl child. Recycled mens shirts for the boys. It's a perfect design for the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...