Sunday, October 5, 2014

Blog Hop...

The lovely Jen from The Stitcher and Gatherer has nominated me for the blog hop that's doing the rounds at the moment... I'm a little delayed in posting my answers, so hopefully she'll forgive me!

If you haven't visited Jen's blog, you really should. I only discovered Jen and her blog at Frocktails, but had the pleasure of sitting with her for dinner and have pronounced her one of my new friends.

Anyway, onto the questions...

Why do you write? 

There are three main reasons that I write:

  1. To share my sewing adventures with my Gran
  2. To document my sewing progress so that I can come back to remind myself of stuff later, basically a creative diary/journal.
  3. To be able to participate in the amazing online sewing community. Definitely one of the nicer parts of the internet, and in combination with other mediums such as twitter and instagram it's allowed me to connect with others from all over the globe that have this shared interest in sewing.

What are you working on?

I've had a few things on the go lately that I'm slowly working away at when the mood strikes. A quilting project, a knitted project (that I finished yesterday, woo!) and a dress (in progress pic shared on instagram shown below because I couldn't bear a whole post with no pictures).

 

How does it differ from others of it’s genre? 

I don't know, and you know what? I don't care. Sorry, couldn't come up with a more elegant answer to this question!

How does your writing process work?

Process is a bit of a grand word to use for how I write blog posts... Usually I get the pictures I want to show together first, then start writing down my thoughts, and slot the pictures in where they seem to best fit, As mentioned in answer to the first question, my blog is basically my creative diary/journal so I just write what comes to mind.


So there you go, my quick answers to the four blog hop questions. I would like to nominate Sarah of SewSquirrel and Oanh of Unique Schmuck; I'm looking forward to hearing your answers ladies!


PS: Social Sewing dates for 2015 (aargh! scary!) have been booked, and are all listed on the social sewing page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...