Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Genome Shopping...

After posting about the finished blocks I continued on and stitched the blocks together on Sunday as well. It all came together surprisingly quickly. So, yesterday I toodled on down to Amitie to get their advice on batting and quilting and to buy the supplies I need.



Above shows (almost all) my supplies. My quilt top, my backing fabric, and then purchased yesterday from Amitie: Four perle 8 threads to match the gradient of colours, appropriate needles, a new thimble, a marking pencil, more basting pins and some batting (not pictured).

I decided to go with the 100% wool batting that they have, so hopefully the finished quilt will be nice and warm. Also, the batting is nice and fluffy which should hide the lumpiness of some of the seam allowances.

Now, once I've taken photos, to baste... my knees, back and fingers aren't looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, but I'm looking forward to it! Well, to the end product, anyway :) How excitement!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...