Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Pair of Skirts

I showed you a sneak peak of this skirt quite a while ago, but have been particularly hopeless at putting this post together to show you the whole thing.

A pair of skirts

A while back me and my friend Mindy were in spotlight and Mindy spotted some navy over-sized gingham on the clearance table. So we decided to make a pair of skirts with the fabric, loosely following Gertie's gathered skirt tutorial, but with the addition of pockets.

Look, pockets!!

We bought 3m of fabric, which turned out to be exactly the right amount - after we'd worked out how much fabric we needed for the skirt panels at our desired lengths we were left with this much fabric:

Not even a full gingham stripe left over!

Mine is lined with some lilac lining fabric that I had lying around. And I'm considering shortening it by half a stripe in length, but haven't yet because I'm lazy.

3 comments:

  1. You should wear them out together :) Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That second pic is a crack up! Yay for our matching skirts - with pockets :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...