Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Gift: Smiley PJs

For my brother for Christmas I made a pair of Smiley PJs out of some fantastically fun jersey fabric I found at Spotlight.



For the top I used the basic T-shirt pattern from "sew u home stretch" in Large but with 3" added to the bottom to make it long enough for Marcus' 6'4" height. If I were to make it again I would also have added some length to the sleeves, as they're really very short. Actually, if I had been making anything I would expect him to wear out of the house I would have added at least 2-3 inches to the sleeves.



As you can see I used the red from the bottoms for the neck band. I thought the Smileys might stretch out if I used it and didn't want to risk it.



The bottoms were from Simplicity pattern 3947, which is my standard 'PJs for Marcus' pattern now. I made a Medium but using the long length. I love this pattern as it has pockets; In my opinion all PJs should have pockets. I altered the waistband slightly so that it had a separate part made with the contrasting smiley fabric containing some nice chunky elastic (1" wide I think).



For the various hems I used a double needle which made it turn out really well (although I think I need to buy a new double needle as it missed a few stitches).



Marcus was also the lucky recipient of a superbly and lovingly cooked Christmas dinner (even if I do say so myself). We had a full roast with all sorts of different veges, lamb for me and a vegetarian thing for him, complete with perfectly cooked Yorkshire Puddings of course! Too stuffed to manage desert we've decided to save that for tomorrow.

I hope everyone else had an enjoyable and hopefully relaxing Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...