Sunday, December 27, 2009

Jelly Roll Plans...

This afternoon I've been perusing flickr to get ideas of what to do with my jelly rolls and charm pack. I've made a temporary "design wall" in my living room where I've laid out all the fabric so I can see what I have.

(image is clickable to see it larger)

From the jelly rolls half of the fabrics are beige based and the other half red and blue. Also half of the strips will yeild 2" stripes and the other half 1" stripes. The charm squares are all a bit darker than the strips, but with similar tones so can hopefully be used together well, although I am concerned about the almost black squares.

Despite being somewhat limited by what fabric I have (in regards to the strips and squares) there's an awful lot of patterns I could choose to use, including Log Cabin, Bento Box, Cathedral Steps, Rail Fence, Double Hour Glass, Coins and heaps of others that I'm less drawn to. Then once I've chosen my design there's even more choices for which colours to use where and then the chosen layout for the whole quilt. I could even do some kind of mixture of different designs.

Far too many decisions for someone as indecisive as me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...