Friday, May 14, 2010

Flashback Friday #4: Pleated Border Print Skirt

It's been a couple of weeks since my last "Flashback Friday" but since I'm home in time for it to still be Friday I though I'd get back into the swing of it this week.

This week is a skirt I made back when I was in Perth and never actually wore after I took these photos as I didn't find it very flattering and wasn't comfortable in it.

Pleated border print skirt, made Dec 2007

I saw the border print fabric in spotlight and really liked it, so picked out a pleated skirt pattern so I could use the border. However, as the pattern I used didn't have a lining but the white on the fabric was a bit see through I decided to add one... and didn't quite do it right. I added a lining the same as the skirt, pleats and all... which made the pleats very solid and a bit stickey-outey. Mostly though, I wasn't happy about where the pleats started, it didn't feel very flattering on my shape body.

So yes, a project from which I learnt lots but didn't add to my wardrobe. The skirt's sat in the wardrobe at my parents house somewhere now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...