Sunday, May 23, 2010

Genome Cutting at the Melbourne Modern Quilt Guild

Yesterday was the inaugural meeting of the Melbourne Modern Quilt Guild and I'm already looking forward to our next meet in June.

I had a great day and would like to give a huge thanks to Helene and Adele for all the work they put into organising it and making it a huge success. In the morning we had a show and tell and a meeting to discuss how the guild will run, and in the afternoon we all worked on whatever project we'd brought with us. I started the cutting for my genome quilt, which I did some more of this evening:


I got about half the whites done yesterday and finished them off this evening. I have gone for 3 1/4 inch squares (and whatever size HST that will eventually give), mostly because It's a size that gets the most out of the fabric that I have.


One of the ladies brought with a Kona solids chart (I think Esther), and kindly let me examine it. I've now picked out which solids I want to go with my prints and will be ordering them soon and then I'll have enough fabric to get started sewing.

1 comment:

  1. I told my husband all about your quilt and he reckons your idea is cool but also incredibly geeky!! I suspect he's right. We're all pretty geeky aren't we? ... and pretty cool too!
    It was lovely to meet you in person. (Especially once I worked out who you were!!)
    Andi :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...