Saturday, July 10, 2010

Buttons!

Yesterday in my lunch break I took a sneaky button shopping trip. I went to Buttonmania, which was a really lovely experience! Buttons of every size, shape, type and colour imaginable! I was offered many many different button options, and we narrowed it down to two:


The ones on the left were round mottled metal ones, and the ones on the right flatter textured brown plastic ones. I decided that the metal ones took the military inspiration slightly more literally, and the brown ones were a little "warmer.


I spent a very long time mulling over my choice, including calling a friend for a second opinion (with the lady in buttonmania being very patient!). In the end I went for the brown ones, as I like the slightly less literal interpretation of the military inspiration.


I'm hoping to get it finished this weekend - I have the buttons to sew on, buttonholes to do, and lining to sew in left to go... that's doable, right?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Looks great Rachel! can't wait to see it finished. You're gonna have it done and be wearing it on sunday right? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice! - KellyR

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...