Friday, February 25, 2011

Me-Made-March

Zoe is once again hosting a "Me-Made" event, this time Me-Made-March. Initially I wasn't planning to join in but last week I was going through my wardrobe and actually counted how many of my clothes I've made and thought about how often I wear them. I have 9 me-made skirts, and in summer I do wear most of them very frequently. But I also have 10 me-made dresses and I wear them much less.

Photobucket

So, as a refresher on wearing me-made items, I have decided to sign up for Me-Made-March, as hopefully (although with Melbourne you never know) it will be warmer than last May, and will therefore allow me to wear a different combination of me-made clothes. I don't have enough to wear only me-made, as I have made and bought clothes that mix together, but I will once again go for at least one item of me made clothes in every outfit (including sleepwear). Last May when I did Me-Made-May I found the most challenging part was finding suitable clothes for sporty activities. These days that means finding clothes to wear ice skating, so we'll see what I come up with.

In the spirit of this pledge, I thought it would be interesting to inventory my me-made wardrobe like I did beforehand last time, excluding sleepwear from the photo this time:


10x Dresses
9x Skirts
7x tops (2x blouses, 3x shirts, 1x tank top, 1x 3/4 sleeve t-shirt)
1 pair of overly shiney trousers
1 amazing yet season inappropriate coat
(+ plenty of pairs of pyjamas)

And finally, to make it official...

"I, Rachel, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-March '11. I endeavour to wear at least on me-made item in every outfit each day for the duration of March 2011"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...