Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Pendrell Blouse - Finished!

pendrell finished

As promised last night, I now have better photos of my finished Pendrell blouse. Not bad for about $3 all up, eh? (excluding the pattern)

pendrell finished

Here I've paired it with my grey Jenny skirt, except I've folded the waistband in half as the wide waistband made my proportions look a little odd.

pendrell finished

I didn't really know what to expect from the draped sleeve, but it really is ingenious. It sits really nicely and adds interest to a simple pattern. I'm not sure how it'd hold up to layers over it though, which may prove to be an issue.

pendrell finished - untucked

It doesn't look too bad untucked but feels a little sack like. That might be because I'm used to more fitted tops, but it probably wouldn't hurt to be a little tighter around the waist. For future version I might bite the bullet and do the smaller size with a FBA, I think that'll help with the baggy-ness issues.

pendrell finished

And lastly, a big thank you to Mindy for coming to the Carlton Gardens with me to play photographer.

(also, as you can see in these photos, my arm is out of the splint, and I just have a bandage to keep it clean until the stiches come out - yay! I can't move it completely yet and sometimes it hurts, but much less than when the splint was on.)

8 comments:

  1. That's a really cute blouse Rachel. I do also like the sleeves. One of these days I'll bite the bullet and try sewing up something 3 dimensional for myself. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blouse-- so pretty! You also did a great job of placing a flower in the center of the blouse. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! You did a lovely job! If you wanted it a bit more fitted, just nip it in along the sideseams and princess seams, just below the bustline as it looks to fit you well in the bust and shoulder area. Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great Rachel! I love the fabric - it suits View A really well. This pattern is addictive so be warned :-) Sam xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Pendrell turned out beautiful! I really like where the pattern is placed on the front of the blouse. So cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow it's stunning, I love the fabric you've used! I'm going to have a go at view A next :-) Love the skirt too x x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...