Saturday, June 2, 2012

Coming to England!!

I am starting to get incredibly excited, because in July I am coming to England!! I'm heading across for two weddings, that I'm even more excited for, in between which I will be visiting people ALL over the country. Which leads me onto the point of this post... fabric shopping in England.

My interest in sewing increased as I was leaving England, so my knowledge of sewing shops over there is extremely limited, so I was hoping for some suggestions/recommendations for while I'm there. More importantly I'll have stacks of room in my suitcase coming home as a fair bit of what I'm taking across isn't coming back with me.

I'll be visiting a few places, including Birmingham, Bristol, Macclesfield and Cornwall. Does anybody have any suggestions for places to visit for some sewing related fun/shopping in (or near) those areas? Better yet, if anybody in any of those areas is interested in catching up please let me know, it would be really exciting to meet fellow bloggers/sewing enthusiasts!

4 weeks to go!!! :D

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh, and if anyone has suggestions for Sheffield and southport throw them into too! Sorry to piggyback, BUT THIS IS FABRIC WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel! If you're visiting Birmingham, then you must visit the Rag Market which is within the Bullring shopping centre. Literally city centre, next to the train station. I did a post about it when I met up with some bloggers recently: http://asewingodyssey.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/intimate-blogger-hook-up.html

    Anyway, I only live about an hour away so could meet you (I'm sure lots of other bloggers would love to come to). This all depends on when you might be visiting Birmingham, as I will be away for part of July...so let me know ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, I have visit only in London and scotland , maybe my list will help. Most send by post so you can bu online and ship to the address you will be.

    On label: fabric shop. The iPad doesn't let me post a direct link.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...