Saturday, November 17, 2012

Social Sewing - Early 2013 Dates


Today 11 lovely ladies gathered in Brunswick for some Social Sewing - it was heaps of fun!! There was lots of chatting, lots of sewing, and lots of swapping of books, patterns and fabric.

I wasn't the most productive, but I did get my trouser block traced of, modified and cut out the fabric, and finished sewing the trim on my Rooibos. Along with heaps of gossiping of course!

Most importantly however, we booked in some more dates for early next year. We have booked:

  • Dates: 
    • Saturday 19th January 
    • Saturday 23rd February 
    • Saturday 16th March 
  • LocationGJs Discount Fabrics, in Brunswick - they have a big workroom with big tables and lots of floor space, power points and light. You would need to bring your own machine. 
  • Time: 9-4 (their opening hours, but you can come for as much or as little of that as you like) 
  • Cost: $10 per person (paid to GJs when you arrive)
I hope to see you there!

I've also put a "Social Sewing" page on my blog. It's here and also linked below my banner near the top of the page. I'll keep it updated with upcoming dates as we book them.

6 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention the inevitable '50 shades of grey' and 'Twilight' rant that comes with me being there ...

    Had a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time you talk about the "Social Sewing" in Brunswick, I twitch and think "Why did I not know? Why am I not there?" Then I realize that would be because you're on the other side of the planet, and it has nothing to do with Brunswick Square, which is in my hood :D
    Sounds really fun, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should be ok for most of those. i had a lovely day yesterday.thanks for organising!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for organising Rachel, at this stage I should be able to make it for most of those too. P.S That simplicity pleated skirt pattern is 2674 (it comes from one of those wardrobe patterns with a few different pieces). http://www.simplicity.com/p-1709-missmiss-petite-sportswear.aspx Its out of print, so let me know if you want me to bring it next time and you can trace it off - i haven't cut the pattern out.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dates are in my diary! So hopefully I'll actually manage to turn up to one soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rach, once again a big shout out for being the organiser here. I'm counting down the days... they're all locked in my diary! See you next year :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...