Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Top 5 of 2014 - Hits


Today I'm going to join in with Gillian's Top 5 list again. I was intending on posting it as one post, but it got a bit long, so I'm splitting it up.

I've been pondering my 'hits' since Gillian first posted about this years lists. I spent some time this week organising and updating the pages for my blog where I've catalogued my makes, I now have pages for my sewn garments, my knits, my quilts, and my other finished items, which are also all linked near the top of the page.

It took me a little while, but I've settled on my top 5 as:

     

  1. My Sydney Frocktails Dress - many many many hours went into the construction of this dress. I tried new techniques, and new types of fabric. The final dress was a triumph and I hope to find other opportunities to wear it.
  2. Laura Skirt - worn very regularly to work since making it, the pairing of fabric and pattern were spot on with this skirt. The skirt is smart but really comfy, and the little flounce at the back is a great alternative to a slit. 
  3. Bouncing Birthday Shorts - worn very frequently throughout the summer, a great go-to garment for hot days. The stretch in the sateen I think is the key aspect to what has made them so comfortable, which I should remember for future iterations.
  4. Aiken Jumper - I've finished three knitted garments this year, and this one is hands down the most comfortable of them. It has just the right amount of ease and lovely and is cosy in cold air-conditioned offices.
  5. Shhh, it's a secret - the last of my hits for the year is a project that I've been working on that I can't quite tell you about yet as it's a gift that hasn't been gifted yet. I promise just as soon as it is gifted I'll show you.
I'll be back tomorrow with my misses...

2 comments:

  1. I *love* your frocktails dress! And the detail on the back of that jumper is lovely. Excellent choices! I'm feeling very exclamatory this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,
    Please forgive my leaving this in a comment, I couldn’t find an e-mail address for you. I’m making an index of Australian sewing bloggers, which you can find here: http://iammsfrizzle.blogspot.com/2014/12/sewists-of-australia.html I hope you don’t mind being on it- just let me know if you want to be removed. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...