Saturday, October 17, 2009

Breast Cancer overkill...?

You have no doubt noticed that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. I know around here it's pretty difficult to miss; I have a theory that you could live for a day using, wearing and eating only breast cancer supporting products, starting with your breast cancer cereal with breast cancer milk, or maybe even breast cancer eggs for breakfast, right through to writing a letter with your breast cancer pen while eating your pink breast cancer tim tams, wearing your breast cancer clothes, and cleaning the floor with your breast cancer mop.

Now I'm as much a breast cancer awareness supporter as the next gal (probably more so considering my scholarship is from the National Breast Cancer Foundation) but I saw something this evening that pushed me over the edge when it comes to breast cancer related things breast cancer quilt block. Now, people may not agree with me, but I think this is taking just that bit too far... or am I just surrounded by breast cancer so much it's sent me a bit crazy?

(image from http://quilting.about.com/od/blockofthemonth/ss/cancer_ribbon.htm)

Edited to add: apparently there's more than one kind of pink ribbon out there in sewing land, I've stumbled upon another one here for some reason this second one disturbs me less than the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...