Sunday, October 11, 2009

Quilt Festival - Oct 09


Amy at Park City Girl is hosting another Online Quilt Festival. I discovered the last one after the fact and had a great time looking through the links at people's quilts, so am very excited that it's happening again that that this time I can join in.

I'm going to show my couch quilt, as I'm still very new to quilting and it's the first full size quilt I've finished. (images are clickable to see them full size)



The quilt is a hodge-podge of different fabrics, all left over from other things, and is backed with some navy flannelette.



The squares are 4", and the quilting is very basic - stitch in the ditch.



It lives on the back of our couch and has seen a lot of use over the winter months, which was exactly what it was intended for.

11 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, our couch quilt is much like yours. And very much used and loved! We sometimes have to fight over who gets it! Yours is lovely, and I am sure as cozy as ours.

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so comfy :) You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great basic design.....very eye-catching. And I especially love the thought of the flannel back.......besides the comfort factor, it must keep it from constantly sliding off the back of the couch .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful quilt. Thanks for sharing and for participating in the Bloggers Quilt Festival.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love quilts that are used and loved, they are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply wonderful! Love the scrappy but contemporary mix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilt, I love a scrappy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quilt looks so cozy! I love the tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Couch quilts are great! Yours looks nice and big, allowing for multiple cuddlers underneath :) Thanks for sharing your quilt's story.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...