Saturday, October 3, 2009

Christmas has come early...

Last night after work I went fabric shopping with my two friends Amelia and Kylie. I finally got some fabric for my esprit dress, we got kylie some gorgeous royal blue fabric for a coffee date dress, and me and Amelia got a whole stack of Christmas fabrics to make one of these gorgeous advent calendars.

Sadly our advent calendar won't be as gorgeous as the one in the tutorial as we were limited by what christmas fabrics Spotlight had in stock, but after quite a while, and lots and lots of bolts pulled on and off the shelves and lined up against each other, we made our selections.

We were originally intending to both get the same fabrics for the advent calendars, but it conspired that we have VERY different tastes in Christmas fabrics; I liked the cartoon-y ones, and Amelia preferred the more realistic ones. The ones on the left are mine, and the ones on the right Amelia's (sort of, she has a couple the same as me too).

The fabrics have now been pre-washed and are on the line drying while I watch out the window anxiously in case it starts raining; you never know in Melbourne!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...