Friday, April 16, 2010

Flashback Friday #2 : Australian Flag Dress

When I was at uni I went to a lot of fancy dress parties, which in turn required a lot of fancy dress costumes. One such party had the theme "countries", so I chose Australia.

Australian Flag Dress, made ~Nov 2005

I had an Australian flag, which I made into a very simple dress... It turned out shorter than I anticipated as I was limited by the width of the flag, If I were to do it again I'd probably use two flags and make a long dress.


Incase you were wondering, the party was lots of fun!

2 comments:

  1. My son was born on Australia Day and we have a celebration with friends every year. I should get me one of these dresses for the annual event. It would be a showstopper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress. Aussie day is coming up soon as you know and my birthday is also on this day. I would love to know how you made it and maybe some direction. I think i will buy two flags and would like to give myself a challenge and possibly turn it into a one shoulder dress. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...