Saturday, April 3, 2010

Almost Finished Objects...

There is a phrase that has been mulling through my mind in relation to sewing in the last few weeks; Almost Finished Objects (AFOs if you will). Subtly distinct from UFOs (UnFinished Objects), AFOs haven't been forgotten about or shoved to the bottom of the sewing pile, but instead are highly anticipated items awaiting one or more vital components that need to be found/bought/learnt before they can be finished.


Pictured above from bottom to top: my Esprit dress, now only waiting on buttons and buttonholes, however I've just discovered that the buttons I bought are larger than my automatic buttonholer can do so I'll need to work out another option; my blue Sencha blouse, also waiting on buttons and buttonholes; my Jenny skirt waiting on a zip as I bought the wrong length (more on that in a separate post).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...