Friday, April 2, 2010

Trouser Muslin (at last)

My trouser muslin has been finished for over a week now, but to start with I didn't have anyone to take photos for me, and then after I got some photos at sewing club last week I've been ridiculously busy so haven't had the chance to post them until now. Without any more wait, here's my muslin:

Front:

Side:

Back:

Not the most flattering when made up in calico, but I'm still pretty proud of my first try! I'm sure that there are heaps more alterations I could do to make the fit better, but this will do for now and I'll investigate them for a second pair.

After scouring the shelves at tessuti in a very picky fashion I just couldn't find the right shade of grey... so I looked in the fabric store and clegs and finally spotlight where I found some. Here's my fabric, it's a gorgeous mid grey and this close-up photo shows the slight pattern it has:


Oh, and Melbourne people, don't forget that it's the Clegs Easter sale this weekend (Sat, Mon & Tues), where it's 20% off everything and most of all $5 patterns!

2 comments:

  1. They look great for a muslin! That fabric is really nice too - wil you have them finished for the next meet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't be at the next meet, I'll be in Perth instead. It'll be sad to miss you guys, but I'm excited to be going to the Perth BSC instead.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...