Saturday, December 3, 2011

The t-shirts of goldilocks...

Do you remember the t-shirt I made earlier in the year? (pictured below) Well I have since made a few more, but am still ironing out some of the kinks in the pattern (not that there's any problems with it, it's one of my most worn t-shirts these days, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to improve things).


I made another iteration from some brown jersey that I got from The Fabric Store, specifically with the intention of making something to match the planned spotty crescent skirt. The pattern was a direct replication of the first shirt and turned out pretty well...


...except that I forgot that I'd been meaning to add a tiny bit of width to the shoulders of the shirt, so the shoulders of this one (as well as the first) are a little bit narrow.

My next iteration was a sky-blue version (some more fabric from The Fabric Store, this time picked up in a sale), and this time I did remember to add some width to the shoulders...


... but I added a bit too much, and the shoulder seams are puckery and lumpy because they're too long. I'm considering chopping off the seam allowances of the sleeve seams and reducing the width of the shoulders a bit to see if that fixes it up (unpicking the triple stitch isn't really an option with the jersey).

One success though is the conversion of the v-neck into a round neck - some more of the story of which will be further detailed at another time!

And there you have it, one with shoulders to narrow, one with shoulders too wide. Here's to hoping that the next one will be juuuust right!

6 comments:

  1. Ooooohhhhh... I just got it! Goldilocks, too big, too small... Bit slow on the uptake over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would concur with these individuals. The issue is that many individuals keep their delivery costs concealed until the checkout cycle. Search for FREE SHIPPING. Info on Replica Sneaker

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article. excellentcustomclothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent and very exciting site. Love to watch. Keep Rocking. https://excellentcustomclothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. codes for shindo life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grazie mille per aver condiviso questo fantastico blog. Anche molto stimolante e utile. Spero che tu continui a condividere altre tue idee. Mi piacerĂ  sicuramente leggere. controllare un telefono da remoto

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...