Monday, January 2, 2012

Beanie for the boy

I wasn't completely forthcoming in my last post about knitting, I did finish a first project before starting the socks, I just couldn't post about it because it was a Christmas present for the boy and I wanted it to be a surprise.


I decided to start with something with a bit more chunky yarn and bigger needles to get the hang of knitting and purling a bit more before embarking on socks, so decided to knit this beanie. I followed the pattern almost exactly, just adding in 5 extra rows where it suggests you check the size of the hat. It was very straight forward and the instructions very clear and it came together very quickly.


My ravelry entry for this project can be found here

1 comment:

  1. I love it Rachel! Your knitting is beautiful and even and the hat fits him perfectly. He must have been happy to receive it. Sam xox

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...