Sunday, March 6, 2011

Re-made Jenny

If you've been reading for a while you might remember the first Jenny skirt that I made last April:

  

At the time the skirt was a little big, but I have lost some weight since then (including about 2 inches from both my waist and hips) so it had shifted from a little big to very big, exhibited below (and I'm not pulling the skirt tight in the photos below either):

  
Too big in the waist and hips, plus a bit long

Rather than let it languish in my wardrobe I decided to take it in, however after thinking about how to do that I decided that it would actually be easier to essentially re-make the skirt rather than faff around with it all. I unpicked the waistband, centre-back seam (and zip) and hem, but left in the darts. I then remade the skirt, taking in the side seams and shortening it, and as with the version I made for Claire, I made a 1 inch waistband rather than a wide one.

 

Huzzah! A new skirt that didn't cost me any extra $$

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rachel this looks amazing :) in fact it look exactly like the skirt that i'm wearing right now (that i bought from the shop) but i'll bet yours is better made hehe. I envy that you're able to make 'real people clothes' - i am ot all that great at it. I'm much better at kiddie clothes (less fabric to mess about with lol). Top looks fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...