Monday, March 28, 2011

Simplicty 2886 - Spotty Dress

The other day I shared with you the lessons I learnt making this dress, today the dress.


I went with view A, but used the contrast hem from view C along with a contrast midriff section.

I made a muslin of the bodice only and made some adjustments to the front bodice piece to make it fit better, and also took the centre back seam (over 2 inches in some spots). Because of those adjustments I had to adjust the pleats in the back skirt piece so that it was the same size as the bottom of the bodice.


I didn't do anything to the length, I just stitched it up as the pattern said and the length isn't too bad. I maybe would have preferred it a smidge shorter, but probably only about an inch.


One of the things that drew me to this pattern was that it has pockets! "Pockets, pockets, pockets" is my new mantra when it comes to choosing projects.


I once again did a hand-picked zip, which turned out quite well


And doesn't the dress have a gorgeous shape for the neckline? It's a little distorted in this photo, it is symmetrical, but has an interesting rounded V shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...