Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Mum!!!


The embroidery supplies that I posted about a while back have since been transformed into the above cushion covers for my Mum for her Birthday.


I was inspired by these map quilts. However, I don't have the time (or the probably the skill) to make a quilt like that, but they inspired this idea.


I marked maps of some locations hopefully significant to my mum with a washable marker (not the transfer pencil in the above photo, as that doesn't come out again and I don't trust my drawing or stitching well enough). I then embroidered the outlines with a basic backstitch.



After all the maps were embroidered the fabric was cut to size and sewn into cushion covers with invisible zips down one side (something like these tutorials: 1, 2, 3):

    

Once again - Happy Birthday Mum - I hope you like them.

2 comments:

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...