Sunday, April 3, 2011

Striped Strips!

Remember the stripy fabric I showed you the other day? I have since made it into a baby quilt.

First strips were cut and scraps discarded.


And then I stitched down the strips following Nova's Quilt as you go Strip Quilt Tutorial, with some lines of "organic quilting", deliberately making the lines a little wonky and unevenly spaced.


Then I was ready to sew on the binding.


For which I followed Rita's Machine Binding Tutorial


And the quilt was finished in an evening!


And here's the whole of the front of the quilt.


Isn't the spotty backing so cute!


I quilted with a neutral thread on the front, and red on the back.


I've since washed the quilt to get rid of the basting spray, which as made it a little softer, but it didn't shrink as I used a poly-bat.


The finished quilt is 41x35 inches (approx 105x90cm)


This has been gifted to my friend Anna who is expecting her second baby (the first baby got this quilt). Congratulations Anna!

I want a full sized one to keep for myself!

3 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! What a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, you're a speed demon! It looks amazing. I bet your friend is very pleased - you're a lovely friend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...