Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Seasons and silver linings

I don't really like winter. I definitely prefer summer. I get cold easily and it takes me a long time to warm up again when I get cold. Maybe that's a subconscious reason why I like quilting, I don't know. Either way, no matter how many lovely Autumn days there are (like today), Autumn isn't a good time for me, as I know that winter is coming. However, I am trying to be more of a "glass half full" kind of person, so have decided to try and list some "silver linings" of winter (as silly and miniscule as they may be):


- My flanelette PJs can come back into rotation
- I can wear my amazing Hikaru jacket again once it's colder
- Winter gives me more excuses to make quilts
- Funky tights are lots of fun yet functional at the same time
- My new boots mean that I now have flat black boots again, which seriously boosts my winter wardrobe
- Hot water bottles are cosy
- The sun doesn't wake me up early in the morning
- I can cook yummy meals without worrying about heating up the house
- Roast dinners are definitely a winter meal, and I LOVE them


What about you? What's your favourite season? Can you think of any silver linings about your least favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...