Monday, April 11, 2011

MMQG April SASD

Yesterday was the April sit and sew day (SASD) for the Melbourne Modern Quilt Guild (MMQG), so it was nice to have a scheduled day of sewing away from any guilt that I should be working on my thesis.



This month we were at our south melbourne venue, which is only one tram ride away from my house (unlike our other venue, Ashburton, which is a tram and two trains) so I decided to take my sewing machine to a meeting for the first time. Thankfully my machine fits perfectly into my suitcase, so with some cushions as padding it was very easy to transport.



I took along my genome quilt to work on, which has been stashed away in a shoebox and not touched for the best part of 9 months.



I made good headway and finished 4 more 5x5 blocks, bringing my total number of blocks to 12. There are 35 of these blocks, so only 23 left to go...!



The advantage of having this project stashed away for so long was that the fabrics were no longer at the forefront of my mind and I could rediscover my love for them as they popped up in the blocks I was piecing.




Beautiful, beautiful fabrics! Although given how involved the project is, I'm really glad I'm still in love with this quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...