Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Fruity Gored Skirt

First up, thanks so much to everyone that suggested jacket patterns to me; I have quite a few possibles now! I will recap those in another post. Today I want to talk about skirts...

I have discussed my gored skirts a couple of times before, here, and here. As in 2011 when I shared my first 5 variations, I am still very much in love with this pattern.

For this reason, I've made another two in the last year, both essentially straight up replications of the most recent version I made with the added pockets. This is the first of those...

The first was made nearer the beginning of the year out of some voile printed with blue and red fruit. As the fabric was quite see through, I tried out underlining the skirt (rather than lining it as I had done in some of my previous versions). I chose to underline so that I didn't need to worry about the print showing through at the pockets.

I also added some red ribbon to the top of the pockets.
One construction difference with this version which has made the fit change slightly was that rather than using a facing at the waistband I used some twill tape. This was a mistake, as there was no give in the twill tape as there would have been in a facing, and so the skirt is a tiny bit too small.


Not much else to say about this one, except that I'm still in love with the silhouette and how easy these skirts are to wear.


  1. The skirt is lovely. The ribbon detail on the pocket rocks. I might have to steal that idea! Hope you don't mind! :)

    1. Of course I don't mind! That's part of the point of sharing projects is sharing ideas and inspiration.


Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...