Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Free Motion Quilting...

I went to the sewing machine shop on Satuday to help a friend buy a machine for her sister (a birthday gift - talk about best sister ever!) and I finally managed to pick up a darning foot for my machine.

Thus, I had a bit of a go at free motion quilting... and boy, it's HARD!!! Below are a couple of images of my attempts, and I definitely need to have some more practice before I let myself loose on anything I actually care about!

My somewhat pathetic attempt at stippling - I need to practice the whole drawing with thread thing, draw wiggly lines on sheets of paper and all that.

Some fake roses, spirals for the roses that aren't too bad, and some leaves, the first of which was TERRIBLE (I bet you can guess which one it is!) but the second and third improved. Also some more utterly pathetic stippling on this one too.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, its not as easy as it looks! I love your roses though. These look really good. Well done! Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I think that your roses are great. If that was your 1st attempt at free motion quilting, you must be a diva by now. I'd hang that on my wall any day as an inspiration for a quilt block.
    ag

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...