Friday, June 4, 2010

Flashback Friday #5: Australia Photo Album Cover

I spent my gap year between High School and Uni in Perth - a pretty ideal situation really; I got the excitement of a year in Australia, but the comfort of still living at "home" with my parents. I spent April of that year on the East coast, in Sydney, Brisbane and Cairns. This is a photo album cover that I made for the photos that were taken on that trip:

Australia Photo Album, (I think) completed in 2003.

The front cover was pieced with strips of different blues for the 'sea' with the Australian states machine appliquéd on top. It was then stitched to a plain back with pockets added to slip over the hard cover of the album.


It was stitched together at my Grans house using her stash, hence the superb range of fabrics at my disposal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...