Sunday, November 21, 2010

Advent Calendar 2010 - Happy Early Christmas Vicki

I showed you this sneak peek of a gift I'd made a while ago, but couldn't show you the whole thing until I'd given it to its recipient. Thankfully this gift was given today, so I can finally share all the gory details!


It was an advent calendar for my friend Vicki, hence the over a month early Christmas Pressie - I think giving it on Christmas day would have been a bit mean and stupid as she'd have to wait almost a whole year to actually be able to use it.


I used Elizabeth's advent calendar tutorial with a few variations to make the advent calendar, including a panel with printed numbered squares for the pockets, and not off setting the pockets in the sashing (although I wish I had, but I didn't have time)


As I mentioned before, It was made on my Grans Bernina, and quited using the stich regulator (although the stitches weren't that regulated as I had the wrong settings).

2 comments:

  1. I like your advent calendar, it is very nice looking, you did a great job on it.

    You should consider entering this in my sewing challenge blog here at, Paula's Sewing Challenges, and you could win a little something, something.

    Hope to see you there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is amazing! and such an awesome christmas present. maybe my quilting will be good enough to attempt to make something similar next year.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...