Monday, August 15, 2011

So incredibly close...

There are two big projects in my life at the moment that are both almost complete - my PhD and my genome quilt. Today was a big milestone day for both of them - I gave a full draft of my thesis to my supervisor, and currently more exciting (because i'm fed up of being cold all the time), I finished the quilting on my genome quilt!!!!!


So this evening I cut and joined and pressed the binding, and after a quick trip in my lunchbreak to go and get thread tomorrow I intend to spend tomorrow evening sewing the binding onto the quilt. I'm SO excited that I'll soon be able to sleep under it!!

3 comments:

  1. OH wow Rachael, that's very exciting!! I'm wading through the corrections (actually a complete rewrite) after my first draft was sent back to me- you sound like you are substantially further along than me!!

    Hey, I was wondering if you could tell me what you think about your Janome machine (cos I've been stalking your blog, haha!)
    I met you at the Ashburton SASD in July.
    I am considering buying the same model that you have (I've seen it on one of your entries, but a computerised machine that does looks like it does similar things is on sale too (the 6260QC). I'm just wondering if it's actually worth the extra $$$ to get a computerised machine... or if a mechanised one will be just as good,. and maybe last longer... I want to be able to patchwork, make clothes and try to do some free motion quilting/ straight quilting.. Do you find yours good for that?
    Thanks in advance! Jos xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaaaaaah PHD blanketty warm goodness ahead!!!! I am equally excited for both, (soon-to-be) Doctor Rachel!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...