Monday, March 4, 2013

Claire's Picnic Blanket


Do you remember the picnic blanket that Laura and I made for Mindy's Birthday last year? Well, while the present was unique, it wasn't the only picnic blanket that we made at the time. Our other friend Claire had a similar zero ending birthday in November, so we decided to also make her a picnic blanket as a birthday present.


At the base of it, the picnic blankets are the same: a 6x6 grid of squares of a selection of fabrics, bagged with a backing, tied with perle thread and added ties to hold it closed.


However, if you refresh yourself with the what the other picnic blanket looked like you'll see that the fabric selections are veeeery different! I love both fabric selections, and both perfectly suit the recipients.



We backed it with a patterned dark grey fabric, remembering that the back of the picnic blanket may get dirty we chose a dark coloured coordinating fabric.


The blanket then rolls up and once tied is a nice small bundle that's easy to drop into a bag.


Apologies for the poor quality iphone photos, but since we made and gifted this in November and I only just got any kind of photos this weekend, I figured iphone photos were better than nothing!



A massive belated Happy Birthday to Claire!

A similar picnic blanket for myself has been added to the to-do list...

3 comments:

  1. Ooh it's lovely! And the photos came out pretty well, I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work! What a fab gift :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a good present idea! I want to make a quilt for my sister for her wedding. Maybe I should make it a picnic quilt. They picnic a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...