Monday, July 12, 2010

Finally, my Hikaru is finished!!

A looooong time in the making, I finally finished my Hikaru last night. I even wore it to work today (even though it was a little warm for it). '

So, with no further ado, here it is:


I'm SO happy with how it's turned out. Particularly the awesome lining:


It had it's challenges. The wool was thick and my machine struggled with parts of it.

Military inspired buttons down the front and lapels on the shoulders

Not to mention the TWENTY FOUR buttons!!

Buttons on the cuffs

The button holes were the biggest struggle...

Patch pockets

The wool is surprisingly soft, not scratchy at all.

Embroidered "label" and a ribbon hanging hook

And did I mention the lining??! It's also soooo soft and smooth!


7 comments:

  1. When can I order one for me? It looks fabulous and I can't get over how groovy your lining looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!
    Your smile says it all.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS! It looks so good! Dont leave it unwatched at the next guild meeting is all I'm sayin ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such a good job! You look so happy - you should be. Oh by the way, when it fits me I will be stealing it.... just so you know. Good job Rach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING! - Kellyr

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so clever - I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...