Thursday, September 2, 2010

New Fabric - Thankyou Granny!

My gran is incredibly generous, and while I was staying with her she instructed me to choose some fabric that I like and that she would give it to me. And so, here is the fabric that I chose:


Some lovely navy blue japanese fabric (the third one along has a heap of different prints on the same piece of fabric):


Some gorgeous japanese prints, and some coordinating silks:

Also, not pictured, I have some lovely pink/purple/blue japanese charm squares.

These three pieces of Liberty fabric. These will become two dresses. The two blue ones are big enough pieces for dresses, so I will be thinking of what pattern to use for this. Any suggestions pattern more than welcome:


And some smaller pieces of these Liberty Fabrics which will be made into a quilt:


Lastly, this piece of fabric, which has more drape than quilting fabric and i'm not sure exactly what it is. It's going to become an elastic waisted skirt:


So thanks again for your generosity Granny! I look forward to sewing with it all!

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome Gran! Grans and Nans are the best. Hope you had a wonderful visit with your Gran. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I came across your blog and am now a follower! I live in Sydney and it is nice to find a fellow sewer that little bit closer to home. I love the Liberty fabrics! You are a very lucky girl to be given all those. Can't wait to see what you make from it! Sam xox

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...