Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Test Your Skills Sampler"

Sandi over at Piecemeal Quilts is running a quilt along as part of her "skill builder series" that is designed to allow you to practice the different quilting skills that she's covering in the series in a quilt project. It is a little different to normal samplers, as it deliberately includes blocks more than once so that you can get the hang of the techniques a little bit better. Here's her mockup of the quilt, isn't it fantastic?!

Image used with permission from Piecemeal Quilts

I was very tempted to join in, except it requires a fair amount of fabric (which I don't currently have) as it finishes at 70x86" (for those like me where inches like that mean nothing, that's 1.77x2.18m!). I would have liked to make it with the pre-cuts that my Gran and Jo gave me a few years ago for Christmas, but Sandi mentions that it's not really suitable for pre-cuts. It's definitely in the back of my mind for if I see or think of any fabrics I'd like to get to make it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...