Monday, October 5, 2009

I have no self control...

...when it comes to fabric that is.

I wasn't supposed to be starting the advent calendar until next weekend when we have our 'sewing day' but I couldn't resist starting it over the weekend... and justified it by saying to myself that I wouldn't have much time to work on it on sewing day anyway as I'll be helping Kylie with her dress.

So on Saturday I cut the fabrics into 4.5" squares and paired the plains with the patterns:


Then switched around the arrangement of the squares until I was happy:


Then traced the numbers onto the paper side of the heat n bond:


And then on Sunday I ironed the numbers onto the correct fabrics, cut them out and ironed them onto the pocket fronts:


And lastly, because I couldn't resist, I stitched around one set of numbers and sewed it up into a pocket:


I also did stuff I should have been doing this weekend, I finished my Little Bouquet, which I shall post about later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...