Friday, April 8, 2011

Good Luck Coin Purse

Did you know that elephants are supposed to be good luck? Apparently so, but only if their trunks are pointing upwards.


A while back I embroidered this elephant, and I decided it needed to be made into a little coin purse. If elephants really are good luck then on a coin purse is a good place to have one don't you think?


So I followed Florence's tutorial to make one. The elephant on one side, some coordinated paper pieced hexagons on the back, and some green fabric for a lining.


This purse has been gifted to my good friend Kim as a Birthday present.

1 comment:

  1. I am a sucker for hand quilting so I am going gaga over the hexagon side! Nice work! Sam xox

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...