Saturday, April 2, 2011

Me-Made-March - The Whole Month

And the month is up. 33 outfits containing me-made items, 30 days compliance. Overall a good month. Definitely more combinations than last May, and a fair few days of entirely me-made clothes. Here's the whole month all together in one place (mostly because it looks cool with all the images together like this):

                         

I am definitely looking forward to wearing some non-me made items that couldn't be brought into the me-made outfits now, but this month has reminded me how much me-made clothing I really have. It's also prompted me to alter/refashion a couple of items that weren't quite wearable into some great items.

I don't think I'll do the challenge again in this way (at least one me-made item a day), as now I know I can definitely do it, having done it twice. Further down the road I'd love to build on my me-made wardrobe more and go the whole hog with the me-made thing and do a month of only me-made items. I'm not sure when that'll be though.

Anyway, the month was fun, congratulations to all the participants who succeeded in their goals, and all those that almost succeeded like me.

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic concept! I'm not sure I'd have 31 'me-made' outfits and certainly not all suitable for a similar temperature.
    With 3 and 22 did you make the vests or the shirts? Love the button on 22!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number three I made the shirt, and number 22 I made the dress (the brown). The button on 22 was just a covered button kit, covered in self fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...