Sunday, December 6, 2009

Erin's Lunch Bag

Otherwise known as "why I'm never working with PVC again".

The other week I wanted to make my friend Erin a lunch bag for her birthday . I wanted to make it out of oil-cloth (or similar) but couldn't find anything with a print that I liked, but in Lincraft I found this PVC printed with cupcakes. I bought some matching pink drill and some plain PVC.



Following a combination of two tutorials here and here and a few of my own measurements, I made them into a lunchbag, with the clear PVC on the inside and the printed PVC on the outside. As the holes would have stayed in the PVC I used masking tape instead of pins to hold the pieces in place. I also had to put tissue paper either side of the PVC to stop it sticking to the sewing machine.



I added a covered button closure and it all came together quite well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...