Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Red and white flower top finally finished

This top has been in my UFO box for absolutely AGES. So long in fact that it's one of the photos in my first blog post. I hadn't finished it because of indecision regarding the sleeves.



It is inspired by a dress I saw in a window on Brunswick Street which multiple flowers similar to this one across the front of the bodice. Instead of lots, I made just one out of jersey and attached it to the shoulder of the top.

My indecision struck when I got to finishing the sleeve and bottom hems and realised that I had for some reason cut 3/4 length sleeves when actually, I don't really like 3/4 length sleeves. I didn't have enough fabric to cut the sleeves out again full length, but didn't want to chop them off as that's a decision I couldn't take back. Thus, it got hidden in the UFO box and guiltily shoved to the back of my mind.



This week I decided to bite the bullet and just hem the sleeves as 3/4 length. I'll wear the top a few times, and if I really don't like the sleeves I can always shorten them.



The hems were finished in my new favourite method of using a twin needle. So simple yet so effective. I really need to go and buy a few more in different widths and experiment! If you've never done it, you should watch this video EmilyKate made which explains it all really well and then give it a go.

Due to the sleeve length this top is unlikely to be worn for a while due to the season, but as soon as it cools down I'll wear it. You never know, I'm in Melbourne after all, that could be next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...