Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hidden Support Top

To go with my new summer PJ bottoms I thought I'd have a go at making a hidden support top to wear with them.



I started with a vest top that I have with a similar amount of stretch to the jersey fabric that I chose to use. Using my tracing wheel to trace around the top I made a simple pattern and then sort of guessed how big to make the inner pieces for the hidden support.



I stitched elastic that fit snugly around my ribcage into the bottom of the inner sections of the top to create the hidden support shelf bra.



And because this is somewhat a prototype and designed to be PJs, I finished the edges very roughly with a 1" strip of the jersey folded over and zig-zag stitched in place (with navy 'contrast' thread because I didn't have any matching and couldn't be bothered with going out to buy some).



And then the same zig-zag along the bottom to hem it.



Very quick, very simple and hopefully very comfy. Once I've worn it a bit to work out any problems with the fit I think I'll make a few more of these both with and without the hidden support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...