Monday, December 28, 2009

Some more summer dresses...

My wardrobe is not very even in terms of summer vs. winter garments; I have SO many more summer clothes than winter clothes. I just much prefer lovely floaty skirts and dresses, they're just so comfortable to wear on a hot summers day. I do intend on addressing this uneven-ness in the future, but since it's still relatively early in summer I am indulging in my love of summer clothes and today I purchased some fabric to make some dresses.

A while ago my friend Jacinta has asked me if I can teach her how to sew, so we decided to start by picking something that we both like and making it side by side. Since it's summer, we decided on a nice summer dress. After painstakingly looking through the patterns on the main pattern websites we made lists of which patterns we liked, which thankfully had an awful lot of overlap. A few rounds of short-listing later we chose two dress patterns that we both liked, so the other day I went and bought them at Clegs in the $5 pattern sale. They are New Look 6886 and Butterick 5350.



Today we went to spotlight and bought our fabric. I went intending to buy fabric for one dress to make alongside Jacinta, possibly a second, but have the confession to make that I came home with fabric for three...

First, for the Butterick pattern I bought this fabric and intend on making view B with a contrast mid-section in black:




Next, I got this fabric for view A of the New Look pattern:




Lastly, I got this fabric for view C of the new look pattern, which I will make a contrast belt with navy fabric:




Jacinta bought this fabric and will use the New Look pattern, she hasn't decided which view yet:



Because she has such a hectic and busy life Jacinta can't get started until mid-January. Thankfully I now have two other dresses to keep me amused in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...